Chronicling my experiences with ruby on rails, web application development/management.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

theme_support and formatted routes (rss feeds)

Today I was trying to get my web app to allow subdomains to provide an rss feed. it didn't work.



I'll be posting a solution when one is found, however, i'm hoping this wasn't pebkac again.



Solution


In your controller, where you are making the rss call, you must render layout false. Here is an example:

format.rss { render :layout => false }
I'll file this one under the learn something new, that is easy, everyday column.


After some investigation, it appears that theme_support plugin doesn't support themed rss feeds, when you enter them in the head section of an html page. I'm working to allow this in the plugin.

No comments:

Post a Comment